When the average wedding costs about £22,000, you need to do all you can to ensure you have the cash when you need it. With your big day looming, you’re probably making plans, trying to ensure everything will go ok, and save as much money as you can.
£22,000 is a lot of money, and chances are you could be saving up for your wedding for quite some time. This is one of the reasons why many people get engaged, and set a date that’s 2 years away. So, how will you go about saving the money you need for your wedding? You’ll be pleased to know that I have pulled together a few tips that will help you to save the cash you need:
- Give yourself a budget and stick to it- this is a great way of making sure that you lower your monthly outgoings, so you can put a little more aside for your big day
- Don’t be afraid to shop around – check out a lot different wedding stores so you get the best for your money. You can get some great Mother of the Bride Dresses from Frox of Falkirk, as well as the perfect wedding dress for you.
- Don’t take your credit card out with you – this could be a recipe for disaster, as I’m sure you’re aware. If you have a credit card with you, you’re more likely to use it. Keep your credit card safely tucked away at home, and only use it in emergencies.
- Set yourself some savings goals. Try to save £1,000 by the 1st of November, for example. Don’t forget to monitor how your savings plan is going, so you know exactly where you are.
- Save that bonus you got from work, or that fiver you found in your purse – Every penny and pound adds up, and it will make you a little closer to your goal. It doesn’t matter if you only manage to save an extra £5 each week, it all helps.
- Try to cut down on those unnecessary expenses – Do you really need to buy new clothes every month? Do you really need that £50 TV subscription? How about your weekly takeaways? Can you cook the meal yourself instead? Try to make cuts where you can, and you’ll soon find your savings will increase.
Start saving money as soon as you can, and try not to rely on your credit card to pay for your wedding. The more money you can save right now, the less you will have to pay back at a later date.
Start saving for your big day now, as it will come ‘round a lot quicker than you think.